We hope you’re enjoying our bi-weekly free Subversion webinars! Thank you to everyone who has attended and sent us feedback on what they enjoyed, and what they’d like to see more of. Based on your feedback, we’ve devised another set of free training webinars for the Subversion community.
Here’s what’s coming up over the next couple of months (don’t forget, it’s free to register for any of our Apache Subversion webinars):
1) Hidden Subversion – get ahead of the game, as we share some tricks and techniques that many Subversion users aren’t even aware of.
2) Locking – we cover the Subversion Lock command in detail, including:
- What is a lock?
- How do you lock and unlock files?
- Best practices for avoiding lock conflicts
3) Using Repository Browsers – drill down into the functionality of the Repo Browser, in this one-hour course.
4) Subversion Difference Command – get an overview of the various ways Subversion can compare files and generate meaningful reports.
5) Hook Scripts – these server-side executables can be used for a variety of tasks, including:
- Automatic email notifications
- Checkin content validation
- Automatic backup
- Specific access control
6) Introduction to uberSVN – an introductory webinar for uberSVN, the open ALM platform for Apache Subversion that’s easy to install, easy to use and easy to extend. This webinar will cover uberSVN’s core capabilities, including:
- Installation and setup
- Simplified repository creation and management
- Team and user administration
- Social coding capabilities
- Extendibility with your favorite ALM tools
7) Access Control option with Subversion – need to control access to Apache Subversion repo information, but not sure which option is right for you? This session will weigh up the pros and cons of:
- Subversion Access Control
- Hook Scripts
- …and more!
8 ) Branching and Merging – get an intro to the basic concepts of branching and merging, including when to perform a merge and create a branch, the different merge types, and some all-important best practices.
9) Subversion Properties – everything you need to know about SVN Properties! This one hour course will cover:
- Defining properties
- Property and “Standards and Procedures”
- Property name rules
- Automatic Properties
- Recursively defining properties
- ….and more!