This month, we launched a trio of innovative Hadoop products: the world’s first production-ready distro; a wizard-driven management dashboard; and the first and only 100% uptime solution for Apache Hadoop.
We started this string of Big Data announcements with WANdisco Distro (WDD) a fully tested, free-to-download version of Apache Hadoop 2. WDD is based on the most recent Hadoop release, includes all the latest fixes and undergoes the same rigorous quality assurance process as our enterprise software solutions.
This release paved the way for our enterprise Hadoop solutions, and we announced the WANdisco Hadoop Console (WHC) shortly after. WHC is a plug-and-play solution that makes it easy for enterprises to deploy, monitor and manage their Hadoop implementations, without the need for expert HBase or HDFS knowledge.
The final product in this month’s Big Data announcements was WANdisco Non-Stop NameNode. Our patented technology makes WANdisco Non-Stop Namenode the first and only 100% uptime solution for Hadoop, and offers a string of benefits for enterprise users:
- Automatic failover and recovery
- Automatic continuous hot backup
- Removes single point of failure
- Eliminates downtime and data loss
- Every NameNode server is active and supports simultaneous read and write requests
- Full support for HBase
To support the needs of the Apache Hadoop community, we’ve also launched a dedicated Hadoop forum. At this forum, users can get advice on their Hadoop installation and connect with fellow users, including WANdisco’s core Apache Hadoop developers Dr. Konstantin V. Shvachko, Dr. Konstantin Boudnik, and Jagane Sundar.
For Apache Subversion users, we announced the next webinars in our free training series:
- Subversion Administration – everything you need to administer a Subversion development environment
- Introduction to SmartSVN – a short introduction to how Subversion works with the SmartSVN graphical client
- Checkout Command – how to get the most out of the checkout command, and the meaning of the various error messages you may encounter
- Commit Command – learn more about this command, including diff usage, working with unversioned files and changelists
- Introduction to Git – everything a new user needs to get started with Git
- Hook Scripts – how to use hook scripts to automate tasks such as email notifications, backups and access control
- Advanced Hook Scripts – an advanced look at hook scripts, including using a config file with hook scripts and passing data to hook scripts
We’ve announced an ongoing series of free webinars, which demonstrate how you can overcome these challenges from an administrative, business and IT perspective, and get the most out of deploying Subversion in an enterprise environment. These ‘Scaling Subversion for the Enterprise’ webinars will be conducted by our expert Solution Architect three times a week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) at 10.00am PST/1.00pm EST, and will cover:
- The latest technology that can help you overcome the limitations and risks associated with globally distributed deployments
- Answers to your business-specific questions
- How to solve critical issues
- The free resources and offers that can help solve your business challenges