In my last post I described WANdisco Fusion’s cluster-spanning file system. Now think of what that offers you:
- Ingest data to any cluster and share it quickly and reliably with other clusters. That’ll remove fragile data transfer bottlenecks while still letting you process data at multiple places to improve performance and get more utilization out of backup clusters.
- Support a bimodal or multimodal architecture to enable innovation without jeopardizing SLAs. Perform different stages of the processing pipeline on the best cluster. Need a dedicated high-memory cluster for in-memory analytics? Or want to take advantage of an elastic scale-out on a cheaper cloud environment? Got a legacy application that’s locked to a specific version of Hadoop? WANdisco Fusion has the connections to make it happen. And unlike batch data transfer tools, WANdisco Fusion provides fully consistent data that can be read and written from any site.
- Put away the emergency pager. If you lose data on one cluster, or even an entire cluster, WANdisco Fusion has made sure that you have consistent copies of the data at other locations.
- Set up security tiers to isolate sensitive data on secure clusters, or keep data local to its country of origin.
- Perform risk-free migrations. Stand up a new cluster and seamlessly share data using WANdisco Fusion. Then migrate applications and users at your leisure, and retire the old cluster whenever you’re ready.