Following a thread in our Subversion forums, we’ve found that some people are having problems with LDAP after upgrading or installing version 1.8.8. So far this has only been reported on the Redhat and CentOS builds.
These builds use an updated apr-util package which no longer offers support for ldap – this has been moved to a separate package, apr-util-ldap, which wasn’t included.
We’ve now updated the dependencies in that package to include the necessary missing package, apr-util-ldap. If you’re getting this error, just re-run yum install subversion and the missing files will be installed for you.
Many thanks to Philip, one of our Subversion committers, for highlighting the issue so that we could sort it 🙂