We’re pleased to announce the release of SmartSVN 8, the popular graphical Subversion (SVN) client for Mac, Windows, and Linux. SmartSVN 8 is available immediately for download from our website.
While the main feature of this release is support for Subversion 1.8, we’ve provided a few more enhancements and additional bug fixes.
New SmartSVN 8 features include:
- Eagerly awaited support for Subversion 1.8 working copies, allowing you to use SmartSVN with a Subversion 1.8 server. (For a full list of Subversion 1.8 benefits see the Apache release notes)
- Ability to specify different merge tools for different file patterns as conflict solvers, allowing you to customize SmartSVN to suit your needs.
- Prevent showing a notification while a dialog is showing, ensuring you don’t miss anything important.
- Project menu: “Open or Manage projects” (and others) are now available without the project window, allowing you to work faster and smarter.
- OS X: dock icon click reopens minimized windows, making SmartSVN consistent with most OS X applications.
- Upgrade: SmartSVN will convert 1.7 working copies to 1.8 format, making it easier for you to get started with Subversion 1.8.
SmartSVN 8 fixes include:
- Possible internal errors closing project windows or the repository browser, or when using ‘add’ or Conflict Solver
- Problems with comparing repository files or directories
- Compare: upper block line was drawn 1 pixel too high in line number gutter
- Commit: committing a removal of a directory using svn protocol did not work
- Linux: notification popup might have been closed quickly after showing
- Start Up: crash on Ubuntu 13.10
For a full list of all enhancements and bug fixes, see the changelog.