Today we launched SmartSVN 7.6, release candidate 1. SmartSVN is the cross-platform graphical client for Apache Subversion.
SmartSVN 7.6 represents a major step forward from 7.5.5 in features as well as performance improvements.
New SmartSVN 7.6 features include:
– Auto-update – there is no need to install new versions manually
– Repository Browser – defined svn:externals are shown as own entries
– proxy auto-detection
– external tools menu
– OS X retina support
GUI improvements include:
– file/directory input fields – support for ~ on unix-like operating systems
– natural sorting (“foo-9.txt” before “foo-10.txt”)
– more readable colors on Transactions and other panes
SmartSVN 7.6 fixes include:
– speed-search – possible internal error typing Chinese characters
– Revision Graph – errors when deselecting all branches
– Tag Browser – possible internal error
– SVN operations – significant performance improvements
– Check Out – checking out to an already versioned directory appeared to work, then failed later
– Refresh – possible performance problems
For a full list of all improvements and bug fixes, view the changelog.
Have your feedback included in a future version of SmartSVN
Many issues resolved in this release were raised via our dedicated SmartSVN forum, so if you’ve got an issue, or a request for a new feature, head over there and let us know.
You can download Release Candidate 1 for SmartSVN 7.6 from our early access page.
Haven’t yet started with SmartSVN? Claim your free trial of SmartSVN Professional here.