Thank you to everyone who participated in Subversion Live 2012, and who helped to make this global series of conferences for the Apache Subversion community such a resounding success.
We’ve received fantastic feedback so far, here’s just some of the comments we’ve received about Subversion Live 2012:
What You’ve Been Emailing
- Thanks for running the conference. It was really helpful. The SVN folks I met were great. A lot more approachable than the typical geek gathering!
- Thank you very much for the information you passed to me over the Subversion conference, I have now installed uberSVN on my laptop and have started to play with it. I have also signed up for a few webinars in November to kick off some internal training. I really enjoyed the conference, it was very well put together. You and your staff are a very friendly and helpful team which made the event a pleasure to attend.
- I look forward to attending next year’s event, with a bit more experience under my belt I hope to have some challenging questions for your developers.
What The Subversion Live Feedback Forms Have To Say……
- Fantastic, even better than last year!
- Good to meet more WANdisco staff
- I would definitely attend next year’s event
- My team hope to meet the WANdisco staff again
We also asked attendees what they find the most beneficial about Subversion Live, here’s some of the things that kept coming up:
- Meeting the committers
- Merge topics
- Meeting WANdisco and other company employees
- Apache Subversion 1.8 overview
- The opportunity to speak to technical experts
- The networking aspect
- Breakout sessions
- Finding out about new best practices
- Chance to talk to SVN committers and the power users, and the WANdisco execs
- Knowledge and advice on merging practices and tricks to speeding up transactions
- Branching best practices
- Hook scripts
- Committer discussions